SDCS welcomes new members and ideas for fundraising events. Information on events and activities organised by the Shropshire Deaf Children’s Society is regularly distributed to families by Teachers of the Deaf.
New Date to be confirmed
Family Day @ Broseley Primary School
Fun Day planned which includes 5 a side football, Forest schools, bouncy castle, face paints, ceramic pottery session and slime making! Please confirm your attendance with Dawn Ball via email or call 07794032904.
Saturday 4th April 2020
Expert Parent Workshop
Held in your area on Saturday 4th April 2020 in the NDCS office, Edward Street, Birmingham.
The day is suitable for parents of deaf children of any age and focuses very much on ensuring they understand their child’s rights, to use in practical ways with the services they come into contact with. It starts around 10am until 3pm including lunch.
The 3 modules covered can be summarised below:
• Person-centred approaches
• Parents and carers’ unique knowledge of their child
• An overview of who you might meet
• A brief look at the frameworks within and around the NHS
• Considering the ‘needs’ and ‘rights’ of disabled children
• How to get the most out of services, particularly health
• How to work more effectively with professionals involved with our children
Click here to view event details
Download here for editable booking form
New Date to be confirmed
Shropshire Deaf Children’s Society is organising a *dads’ night out. These have always been successful in the past and are a great way to meet other *dads in a relaxed, informal environment. If you would like to express interest in attending, please contact Martyn. If there are enough responses to make the evening viable then details re venue, dates and times will follow.
* The term ‘Dad’ is used to represent an individual who has assumed the father role within a family or is a male carer. This may include biological fathers who either live with or away from their child, stepfathers, adoptive and foster fathers. Older brothers, uncles, grandfathers may also be head adult male in a child’s or young person’s life.
I am organising an evening for all the dads of the SDCS community. The plan is centred on bucking the trend of staying in and abstaining from alcohol and fun in the month of January. A secondary objective is to have a night where dads of hearing impaired and deaf children can get together, meet, and have an evening together without kids, wives and partners.
I plan to organise the evening in the new Hickory Smokehouse in Shrewsbury in mid to late January. The charity, depending on numbers, will aim to cover the food. Drinks, unfortunately, will not be included. Please contact me on the email below to express your interest.
I hope to see as many old and new faces as possible
Saturday 21st March 2020
...in aid of The Shropshire Deaf Children’s Society
HCPT Group 49
(Life-Changing Pilgrimage Holidays)
7.30 pm till late
Tickets £8.50 (concessions £6.00)
Tickets available on the door and in advance from
Downes Greengrocers Broseley
Alternatively, contact Ian Barrett - 07999 000028 or Noreen O’Neill - 07902 642882